Saturday, April 10, 2021

Ugly Hand-painted Fabric...What to Do?

A few years ago, I tried painting my own sky fabric, then tried painting an earth piece as well. The sky pieces mostly turned out okay (some doubled as water) and were used in these landscape quilts...
























...but the earth piece did not turn out well, and it has now joined the rejected sky pieces in a strip-cutting bonanza---because what else do you do with ugly fabric???


And suddenly, they don't look so ugly.

Should have done this ages ago! Have a great weekend.

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm - I am hard pressed to think ugly when I see those fabrics! To me they look pretty wonderful. Glad you found a use for something you don't like though. Now I am very curious to see what you do with them next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Anne, I probably should have hunted for the photos of the uncut pieces and included them...definitely ugly! These will probably go into a bed quilt, but I'm not sure.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled merely to prevent spam. Your comment should show up within a day or two. Thank you for your patience.