Friday, May 15, 2020

Making a MIni-Scape

Four more mini-scapes have materialized since my last post. (Speaking of material, did anyone besides me grow up calling fabric "material"? Just curious.)

Here's the only mini-scape I remembered to photograph in progress. As you can see, these are just little scraps arranged and glued on a small rectangle of batting (roughly 9" x 12" before trimming).

















Click on any photo to zoom.




























Here are the other 3 mini-scapes, finished.



(This one is sold.)



I'm getting the itch to try something new. Over the years, I've collected ideas in a notebook. So we'll see. Summer always brings a different energy into the process, too.

Also, next time there'll be some news regarding a previously featured landscape quilt. (Hint: I will be sooooo excited and grateful to see my little turtle hatchlings on a magazine cover!)

Have a good weekend and stay (or get) well.

Linda

7 comments:

  1. Yes, fabric was called material when I was growing up. Hadn't noticed the change but obviously it has! Your wee landscapes are great and I especially love the little fawn having his lunch. A magazine cover - definitely exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Anne with an "E"....my middle name is also Anne, by the way! (And I loooove the Netflix series Anne With an E.) Yes, we always bought "material" for our sewing patterns.

      Delete
    2. I have yet to see that series but it's on my list now that we are getting Netflix. Yes, Anne with an 'E' - however I normally just go by MA which seems easier for everyone to remember.

      Delete
    3. MA is good, nice and short! LOL That series is soooo good. Of course growing up I loved Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea, and have caught every film and tv production of it so far. The Netflix one is my favorite.

      Delete
  2. And yes, I did grow up calling it material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure when that changed, as Magpie said above. Must have been a gradual thing.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled merely to prevent spam. Your comment should show up within a day or two. Thank you for your patience.