Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Cheating

Although my eight-week hiatus from knitting and quilting turned into 3 months, the nerve is still not completely healed, but it will get there. Toward the end, I finally caved in and cheated...but only a little.

At 17" x 20", Up with the Dawn is much smaller than most of my landscapes, and less densely pieced and quilted, so it wasn't that much of a strain and didn't take very long to make. (Click on photos to enlarge.)





For years, I had been meaning to use that fabric for the sky in a landscape, but just couldn't seem to make it work until now.

One other landscape quilt quickly followed, and is nearly finished. I'll save that one for next time. In the meantime, it feels really good to be able to blog again. I've missed that almost as much as the quilting!

Thanks so much for stopping by. If you're in the northern hemisphere, happy autumn, my favorite season...time to make a pot of chili and a batch of chocolate fudge. If you're in the southern hemisphere, happy spring!

Linda

7 comments:

  1. It must feel great to get back to some stitching. It's a lovely composition and that sky is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki. It does feel good; I had felt like I was missing a big part of myself.

      Delete
  2. I knew you were out of commission, and I was just going to come by when your blog entry was posted on Bloglovin'. Glad it is so much better. I'm starting to have a digit in my left hand give me trouble. I use accupressure on it and it goes away. Really like your latest landscape. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! I'm sorry to hear your hand is giving you trouble, too. Glad acupressure is working--I use that for carpal tunnel on my other hand. The one with the tremor is caused by ulnar nerve damage, which at times moves from my hand all the way up into my shoulder and neck. Grrr. They say it can take a year or more to heal. I hope not, though. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear from you and that you're feeling better and able to do some of what you love. I love this landscape - particularly how the sky is reflected in the stream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Happy holidays to you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled merely to prevent spam. Your comment should show up within a day or two. Thank you for your patience.