Thursday, August 18, 2016

Sooner Done than Said

Progress is going really well on the first-year baby clothes quilt for Lucy. A few of the blocks:





One reason it's going so well is, yesterday I suddenly realized the actual quilting was (unexpectedly) finished! I had done SID on all the sashing and then echo-stitched once around each satin-stitch-edged applique. I had already chosen several different variegated threads for the block backgrounds, but have put them all away because I'm so happy with the results at this point. The quilt is puffy and light but well secured.

The main reason for that is the batting. This is the first time I've ever used Quilter's Dream "Puff" batting, and I love it! Thank you, Margie, at Margie's Country Store in Madison, IN for turning me on to this product. Among its other great qualities, it allows for up to 10 inches between stitching lines--perfect for these large appliques.

Binding is in progress now. I'm also really pleased with the backing fabric. Full-quilt photos next time.

Have a great weekend!

Linda

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of that batting. Will have to try it one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled merely to prevent spam. Your comment should show up within a day or two. Thank you for your patience.