Here are the remaining nine blocks (the first three were on last week's blog post).
First, six more hearts (click on any photo to enlarge):
You can see by the third photo above, just how 'poofy' this quilt is.
Next, the two blocks that my heart shapes just didn't work for:
The flower--that's what it looked like to me--was front and center on one of Lucy's dresses, and I didn't want to cut into it to make a heart. The shamrock worked well not only because of the color, but in honor of Lucy's Irish heritage--and because the heart template didn't fit over the words! :)
Last, the heart that I was so worried about because of the delicate, pleated organza overlay:
I used as many of the trims and embellishments that I could from her clothes.
As you can see, the twelve outfits and their coordinating backgrounds made for a colorful quilt top!
I like the back almost as much as the front. Just wish I could remember where this awesome fairy fabric came from! It has some glitter in it, but that doesn't show in the photo.
This is a quilt I'm hoping will end up very well-worn and fondly remembered by Lucy.
Have a great weekend!