Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Beautiful Creation

This week my beautiful daughter-in-law labored long and hard to bring into the world the most gorgeous creation I have ever seen. Meet Lucy Maeve...8 lbs. 6 ozs. of long, tall perfection.




Needless to say, the whole family is in love with her.


Leading up to this major event, I was trying to keep my distracted, over-excited mind under some semblance of control, so many hours were spent in the studio. However, not all were productive....


...such as the ones spent sorting out all my little batik strips and scraps. What was I thinking??? (There are only about 500 more to go through in that drawer.)

I did get last week's landscape design sandwiched and ready to go on the machine. There's only one problem...



...no machine. It's at the dealer's for yearly maintenance. Bummer!! There are a couple of other, smaller machines in the room, but for various reasons they're not the best to use for a fairly large landscape quilt.

Also, some folks might recognize this piece (below) that I put together a few months ago and then almost decided to cut apart in the middle to use for two landscapes instead of one (by turning the bottom piece upside down).


One or two readers encouraged me to keep it intact (thank you Muv!). Trouble was, the inspiration for the rest of it just wasn't coming. I did get this far (at right) playing around on the design wall, but then I dismantled it and put the background away.




But this week, needing more distraction while the machine was in the shop, there was some progress. Funny what inspires us to deal with UFOs! (Not ready just yet to display all of the quilt top, but here's a segment):



And that's it for this week, except to say that as of today, the new addition to our family is safe in her own home and getting acquainted with Rue Dog and Wicket and Gomez, cat sisters. Crossing my fingers that they all get along famously!!

Everyone have a great weekend! (Personally, mine could not be any better!!!  :)

Linda

12 comments:

  1. Oh she is beautiful. Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! she is the most beautiful baby on the planet! but then you knew that didn't you grandma :-)
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, and welcome to little Lucy Maeve! I'm so glad all went well. She is such a little sweetheart, of course you are all in instant love with her.

    Good timing with the machine. You can take a week off serious sewing every year for Lucy's birthday.

    The glimpse of the lake landscape is truly tantalising. That is the best cut you never made.

    Love Muv, with an extra little tiny kiss for Lucy from me.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Muv! I will pass that kiss along to her. I like the idea of taking a week off for her birthday every year and taking her places. Also looking forward to having her up in the studio, where she will hopefully be fascinated by colors of thread and fabric...leading to, of course, an interest in quilting and sewing. LOL

      Delete
  4. Oh so precious, Lucy is! I can understand why you may not be posting much quilting in the next few week. I know I never could do anything but "baby" when each of my DGKs were born. The delights ahead of you, Linda! Treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! I can think of little else. Went upstairs today and tried to do quilt-related things, but was totally unfocused. Then tried knitting. No go. C'est la vie! LOL

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I spent and still do as much time as possible with my grandkids. They are best! Nothing beats being a grandma! Enjoy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to have grandma time and have no doubt it will be the best time of my life. So glad you are enjoying yours!!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled merely to prevent spam. Your comment should show up within a day or two. Thank you for your patience.