Thursday, January 12, 2017

Fall-ing Behind

With the holidays behind us, there's been a little more time to work on quilts. Two bed quilts are currently being pieced with Quilty Box fabric selections (more about those another time).

In the meantime, some progress has been made on the woodland landscape shown in my last blog post.

Branches and shading will be added after the foreground is covered. Can you spot all three critters?
All of the batik at the bottom will be covered eventually. It's been slow going, not just because of the holidays, but because there aren't nearly as many appropriate fabrics in my stash as I thought there were for a fall scene. But I'm determined to make it work without buying more fabric.

As VVHH begins his recovery from spinal fusion surgery this week, it's hard to say how much studio time will happen in January. Fortunately there's no deadline on any of these!

Happy New Year!

Linda

6 comments:

  1. Your landscape is looking great! Took me a while, but I found two deer and one raccoon :)

    Best wishes for speedy recovery for your husband. Spinal fusion sounds pretty intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louise. And thank you for my husband. He's doing ok, looking forward to feeling much better.

      Delete
  2. Saying prayers for WHH. Love that landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, especially for the prayers. He needs them.

      Delete
  3. As always, your work is fantastic. I don't know if you or someone else gave me the following addy to a great online fabric place but here goes:
    England Designs - look under Products/Landscaping series...there are some great fabrics there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda! I'm betting this has something to do with Cynthia England, who does those amazing paper-pieced landscapes. I'll find out shortly. Thanks for the heads-up!

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled merely to prevent spam. Your comment should show up within a day or two. Thank you for your patience.