Friday, April 15, 2016

Nordic Night

This week, a finish for the winter landscape shown in progress two blogs posts ago.

Nordic Night, 22" wide by 39" high

This shot shows the quilting a little better:


It's hard to tell, but the border is a deep purple, and the binding is not just gray, but blue-gray.

The moon and the main part of the horse section were cut from what I think is a Timeless Treasures fabric. Several bushes were added from the same fabric and embellished with white paint.

My one regret is that the bare tree (cut and pieced from a Northcott Mills Stonehenge fabric) has no snow in the crotches. I did experiment with that in a couple of ways but wasn't happy with the results. I'll have to work on that process for future winter scenes.

*******************************************************************************

OFF SUBJECT: The Lucy drawer has another additon. VVHH thinks it's ugly, but I think it's cute.


The yarn is from Deborah Norville's Serenity Chunky Sprinkles line, and is quite 'furry.' I got a good chuckle when it finally occurred to me why I felt as if I'd seen something vaguely like it before....




...which is only fitting for Lucy from Grandma. I got you, babe.  <3

Have a wonderful weekend!

Linda

2 comments:

  1. I think that vest for Lucy is cute! Love your landscape. Came out stunning and the quilting - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your landscape scene and if you hadn't mentioned the snow on tree area, I wouldn't have noticed. It's perfect as far as I'm concerned.
    I think Lucy will love the vest!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled merely to prevent spam. Your comment should show up within a day or two. Thank you for your patience.